- Remove bandage after 2-3 hours. Gently hand wash (no washcloth) with warm water and anti-bacterial soap, pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- On the first night of your new tattoo make sure to put clean sheets on your bed. Your tattoo will most likely ooze plasma and ink over night; keep this in mind when choosing clothing (loose clothing that you don’t mind getting stained), you might lay down a clean towel that you don’t care about in order to avoid staining your sheets. Try not to lay directly on your tattoo while sleeping.
- Gently hand wash tattoo at least 3-4 times daily for the first couple of days. On the 3rd day, continue washing the tattoo followed up with a small amount of non-fragrance lotion (you’re wanting to moisturize, not keep it wet).
- For the first 2 weeks after getting your tattoo; keep it out of the sun as much as possible, DO NOT soak your tattoo; no baths, hot tubs, saunas, rivers, lakes, pools……if your tattoo will be submerged in water for more than a few minutes at a time, the answer is NO.
- After a few days your tattoo will begin to scab and flake; this is perfectly normal. DO NOT pick at or “help” the peeling process.
If you have any questions about the healing process, DO NOT listen to your friends’ advice; feel free to call the shop or shoot me an email and we’ll go from there.